Skip to main content

Spam-a-Lot

 Sadly, I am not referring to the excellent musical ‘Spamalot’ which Lord Malarkey and I went to see goodness knows how many years ago but I remember Sanjeev Bhaskar was in it. (I’ve since told myself not to be so lazy and to look it up. Apparently, he played King Arthur in 2008! I refuse to believe it was 16 years ago we went to see it but if the Internet says it was thus, then it must be true. Tempus fugit, gather ye rosebuds, it's later than you think and all that...)

Nor is it the mostly-squished-ham-of-the-processed-tinned-meat variety much beloved of my mother. To be fair, she is 84 so it can’t be THAT bad, nutrition-wise. However, I shall not be endorsing it for fear of SPAM the Company sending me, well, rewards of multiple tins of Spam. I do not wish to go to my grave famous for being a Spam influencer. Perish the thought.

No, the spam-a-lot of which I speak is the spammie spam internet scam spam. Specifically, spam attacks on my blog, this blog here, of which you are currently reading. I've never been in receipt of that many genuine comments on the blog, but it comes to something a bit sad when I receive more spam comments, doesn't it? And life is too short to be sighing every day whilst I go into my blog admin and delete comments I definitely do NOT want despoiling my great works of literature....*sniggers* tee-hee-hee. 

It's led me to think about dropping the ol' Google Blogger format and shifting the blog to some other platform. Whilst Blogger is okay it has become more, well, awkward over the last year or so and I think it's starting to look a bit tired and outdated. There are other blogging platforms out there now which are much more happenin' and dahn wiv dah kidz, innit tho? I did flirt with WordPress for a while a few years ago but seem to remember I returned to Blogger when WordPress started being a nuisance, but I've just been scooting through WordPress and there is one blogging template that jumped out at me. Not literally, of course - that would be waaaaaay too much. 3D blogs? Whatever next??

The problem (if I choose to make it a problem) is that setting up another blog on another platform will take effort and decision-making on my part and I'm not sure I currently have the ooomph to do that. Although the mind is willing, basically, I'm feeling a bit lazy about it. BUT I should do it because I want the blog to move in a slightly different direction to encompass the direction my life is now taking after what have been two, if you'll forgive the crudeness, shite years. I have thought about calling it a day with the blog - I've been blogging for well over 17 years now which is more than some people get for murder - but I do enjoy it as an activity. Keeps me writing and all that. 

And when I say 'lazy' I don't mean actual lazy. I have been incredibly busy these last few weeks. I've been doing a load of background reading in preparation for the start of my Diploma later this month (back to school - I'm on the verge of buying a new pencil case!). I've been going over old notes and doing more reading in preparation for the course I am taking on Saturday. I have been working my way through some freebie courses on the Open University website. I've been trying to find a quick 'n' simple knitting pattern for a sloppy jumper, for goodness' sake! I have also (and I am about to mention the 'c' word so some of you more gentle souls might want to pop your hands over your ears) written the first two chapters of the Much Malarkey Manor Christmas Story 2024!! I know!!! 

I shall monitor the spam comments. If they ease off, I shall stay put. If they start to mention anything vaguely phallic, I'm moving platforms. 



Comments

Anonymous said…
The blog will change with you or is that my unconscious, not so unconscious self that doesn’t really want this to change? Look up Tincan Knits for a free, tried and true jumper pattern with room to improve should you wish.
KJ
Denise said…
I hear you, KJ! Thank you for the knitting pattern pointer, too. I’ve just been on the site and there are some lovely patterns. The basic knit freebie jumper is just what I’m looking for. Loving the range of sizes, too.

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Sun Puddles

A few weeks ago, I met up with a dear friend for a meditation and healing afternoon, both of us being light workers on the spirit pathway. It did me good to re-engage in a bit of focused energy channelling (because I have let my practice slip somewhat) and during the afternoon the words ‘sun puddles’ popped into my head.  Now, I know this wasn’t my human brain thinking these words because I have never heard the phrase before; when I arrived home, I looked it up and said to myself, ‘Aaah, you mean sun spots!’ This is a sun puddle... ...there! That thing that Flora is lying on. No, not the sofa - the warm patch of sunshine on the sofa. Here are Flora and Bambino sharing a sun puddle... This proves that no matter how much they scrap with each other and try to denude each other of fur all over my rugs, they secretly share a mutual and fond admiration. I think. And here is Bambino on a sun puddle that has come to rest on my legs... It’s his casual, ‘I’m so cool’ pose. Metaphorically cool, o