Skip to main content

Sun Puddles

A few weeks ago, I met up with a dear friend for a meditation and healing afternoon, both of us being light workers on the spirit pathway. It did me good to re-engage in a bit of focused energy channelling (because I have let my practice slip somewhat) and during the afternoon the words ‘sun puddles’ popped into my head. 

Now, I know this wasn’t my human brain thinking these words because I have never heard the phrase before; when I arrived home, I looked it up and said to myself, ‘Aaah, you mean sun spots!’ This is a sun puddle...


...there! That thing that Flora is lying on. No, not the sofa - the warm patch of sunshine on the sofa. Here are Flora and Bambino sharing a sun puddle...


This proves that no matter how much they scrap with each other and try to denude each other of fur all over my rugs, they secretly share a mutual and fond admiration. I think. And here is Bambino on a sun puddle that has come to rest on my legs...

It’s his casual, ‘I’m so cool’ pose. Metaphorically cool, of course. Not literally. I mean, he is a huge feline dollop smothered in triple glazing thick black fur. In reality, he is probably boiling. But still the lure of the sun puddle pulls him in. Idiot.

Or maybe not? We all like that sense of being wrapped up or bathed in something warm, don’t we? Don’t we all seek out that little spot of comfort when it is cold and dark, and life is a little weary? Not so daft, eh, these cats seeking out their sun puddles for a little battery recharge? A little spot of healing?

Anyway, I have continued on with my Wednesday afternoons of meditation and healing. It is mostly me on my own. Just sitting in the reading corner of the Zen Den, lighting a candle, thinking on the previous week and writing down in a notebook some thoughts and wishes for the people, the animals and the world around me. I don’t know how much effect my thought channelling has. I believe it does something good and helpful. 

And what I wanted to do was invite you to join in a spot of ‘sun puddling’ as well, either by sitting at the same time as me, so that is between 2 and 3 p.m on Wednesday afternoons (UK time) or by sending me a message if you would like any specific thoughts and wishes popped in my notebook and sent out. Doesn’t have to be specific - something like ‘Can you think about Auntie Hilda who is having her varicose veins done tomorrow?’ or ‘I twisted my ankle dancing on the garden table and it bloomin’ well hurts.’ Stuff like that. Anything goes, really, as long as it is moral, legal and doesn’t involve predicting the lottery numbers! 

Just let me know. You’d be more than welcome. 🙂

And yesterday I received a little sun puddle in the post from Dear Daughter, Heather...


‘Cold Comfort Farm’ one of my favourite novels of all time. I had the urge a week ago to re-read it and went frantic when I couldn’t find my copy in my collection of Stella Gibbons’ novels, nay anywhere in the house even. I mentioned it to Heather because I thought I might have lent it to her. She did, indeed, have a copy, but we couldn’t ascertain if it was mine because the cover didn’t look familiar. So she sent me a new one!

How lovely is that? A little literary sun puddle. And we all know, it’s the little things that count. 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a fab idea. I’ll put in my order shortly when I have picked one. Thanks for offering it. It’s always good to send positive thoughts out in the universe. What I like about your idea is that it is a conscious decision to make time for actually doing it. I do like Heather’s sun puddle spreading. Can’t go wrong with that. Funny that book is on my never ending book wish list.
KJ
Vera said…
Sun puddles are great for bringing warmth to the spirit!
Denise said…
It’s lovely you are supporting the Sun Puddle idea, KJ. I am finding my Wednesday afternoons a very precious moment in my weekly timetable. I have ideas to develop the practice in the future. And I’d recommend ‘Cold Comfort Farm’, along with another Stella Gibbons’ called ‘Starlight,’ which, dare I say, I think is even better.

Hear, hear Vera!

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.