Skip to main content

Good News. And Not So Good News

 The septic tank pipe work was dealt with very effectively yesterday so (fingers crossed) we shall now be free-flowing of effluent and the drain rods can be packed away to a place where they will hopefully gather a lot of dust and cobwebs. Three rogue drain rods and a plunger were retrieved and the damaged pipe was on the verge of total collapse, so a job well-done in the nick of time. As the drain chap hooked up his trailer, upon which sat the mini-digger, he said, ‘It was an easier job than I anticipated,’ and he knocked £240 off the bill, which I thought was very decent and kind of him. 

This afternoon, Lord Malarkey and I retrieved our tent from storage in the laundry and put it up in the back garden, firstly to check for meece damage (there was none - hurrah!) and secondly to maybe have a chez nous camping experience later this week. Heather and Ollie have also expressed an interest in using the tent for a camping trip, although they’re currently in the throes of demolishing their kitchen in preparation for the installation of a gorgeous new one, so I think camping might be the last thing currently on their minds. 


The only dark cloud on an otherwise warm, sunny and bright day was the letter that arrived this morning summoning me for a biopsy. Seems I am not as far out of the woods as I thought I was, which is a bit of a bummer.

But, in the spirit of living by the principles of reiki, I shall not be angry, I shall not worry. I am done with anger and worry in my life. And I shall be grateful that I am being looked after and treated quickly, and that I have enjoyed almost six decades with no real health issues until now. 

All will be well, but just for the moment I might be away from blogging for a while. I’ll see how life progresses. I have to focus elsewhere for the time being. But…



Comments

Anonymous said…
Thinking of you. Sending you strength and good thoughts
KJ
Denise said…
Thank you, KJ. I am okay. Still waiting, but okay. x

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Sun Puddles

A few weeks ago, I met up with a dear friend for a meditation and healing afternoon, both of us being light workers on the spirit pathway. It did me good to re-engage in a bit of focused energy channelling (because I have let my practice slip somewhat) and during the afternoon the words ‘sun puddles’ popped into my head.  Now, I know this wasn’t my human brain thinking these words because I have never heard the phrase before; when I arrived home, I looked it up and said to myself, ‘Aaah, you mean sun spots!’ This is a sun puddle... ...there! That thing that Flora is lying on. No, not the sofa - the warm patch of sunshine on the sofa. Here are Flora and Bambino sharing a sun puddle... This proves that no matter how much they scrap with each other and try to denude each other of fur all over my rugs, they secretly share a mutual and fond admiration. I think. And here is Bambino on a sun puddle that has come to rest on my legs... It’s his casual, ‘I’m so cool’ pose. Metaphorically cool, o