Skip to main content

Stable Table

Chatting to Heather yesterday, she mentioned that she had taken to work one of the crystals that I gave her. She said it had helped enormously during the day on account of her having to teach sixth form college students who are learning to be bricklayers, plumbers and mechanics and are under the false assumption that they ‘don’t need no English qualifications ‘cos I can already speak English, innit?’ and ergo, they can present a teaching challenge by being utter arses. Not all of them are arses, but in any class you’ll find one or two arses who generally spoil it for the non-arses. It’s just the way it is. 

Anyway, Heather said the crystal -green aventurine - had called to her that morning, so she’d popped it in her pocket and felt it had been a calming influence for moments of frazzlement during the day. 

I usually have a crystal about my person during the day, too. This week, I’ve been carrying lepidolite for numbing the pain of sciatica (it’s cleared up now, thank goodness and Pilates) and black obsidian as protection and healing from upset, and they’ve both done their job admirably. Even if I have nothing specific to address, I usually glance over my altar table in the morning and see which crystal I am drawn to, because I know I’m not very good at asking for help - ‘No, I’m fine, really I am’ - and if a crystal calls to me, it’s probably because I could do with its healing help. 

This is my little altar table with most of my crystal collection on top:


I’ve twizzled some fairy lights amongst the crystals because who doesn’t like a fairy light?? What you can’t see is the second baby table under the main table which I pull out to decorate at festival and celebration times, or if there is something specific I want to focus on. On the left is a weird bronze bowl that came into my possession when I was a teenager. It has an engraving of a Scorpion on it (my sun sign) and I use it as a candle holder. Also, it makes a satisfying ‘ting!’ when you flick it with your fingernail. The tables themselves are hand-crafted oak and I love them. 

The little ‘house’ on top was a birthday gift from Andy. It’s a unique piece of artwork and contains little signifiers that mean something to me. For example, the wooden rulers remind me of my dad, him being a master carpenter. The number 2 is featured - my date of birth. There is a clock to remind of the passing of time, a key to remind that when one door closes, another will open. A little moon face because I am a moon watcher. Feathers for the birds I love. Carved leaves to symbolise trees. Little pink flowers. And attached to the sides are figures of lions which are basically big cats which are my favourite animal. Inside, it says, ‘Rather More Than Ordinary.’ 


I’ve added a little silver acorn and some extra feathers. And hung my crystal pendulum from the top. All in all, it’s a good, calm focus for mediation practice. It helps keep me connected to my intuition. 

The only minor irritation is that I can’t find my almandine garnet. I know what’s probably happened - I carry my crystals in my pockets and when I disrobe at night, sometimes they come flying out of aforesaid pockets and I lose them under the bed. If I notice, they can be retrieved. If I don’t, Bambino will find them and use them as a thing of great delight to kick around in a playful fashion at 4 o’clock in the morning, oh joy. The almandine garnet is relatively small so it could be anywhere by now. But it’ll turn up, probably at exactly the time it is most needed.




Comments

Anonymous said…
“black obsidian as protection and healing from upset“. What!? I didn’t know that? We have black obsidian in spades where I frequent in the summer.
KJ

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.