Skip to main content

Black Cat Bambino

 Today is National Black Cat Day. I don’t know, but there seem to be several national days a year celebrating black cats, which is fine because black cats are amazing and need celebrating because they often get undeserved bad press from dim-witted weirdos. Especially at this time of year with their traditional association with witchcraft. But as I am a witch, a black cat is an essential sidekick, even though mine would say he was in charge and the sidekick is, in fact, me. I might sack him for a toad. Or an owl.

I thought, then, today would be a good day to give an update on Bambino Bobble Wilson, black cat of this parish, who’s been having a bit of a rough time health wise, in a ‘touch and go’ sort of way. Here is the photo I took of him on our landing ten minutes ago. He is looking wild-eyed because he has just produced an ENORMOUS poo which necessitated a celebratory zoomie gallop. Think yourselves lucky I didn’t take a photo of the poo. I almost did, because it was a mighty fine specimen.


As you can see, his neck fur is growing back from where it was shaved when he was having hospital investigations, including blood tests. Straight for the jugular, as it were. Anyway, I don’t think I’ll need to knit him a snood to keep his neck warm over Winter, for which he is extremely grateful. Basically, Bambino Bobble Wilson is now recovered and firing on all four cylinders. (The iPad auto-correct, you might be interested to know, just ‘corrected’ the word ‘cylinders’ for ‘cycling ears.’ Is it having a laugh, or what??)

Bambino is eating his proper food kibble again, which means he is receiving all the correct nutrients and keeping his teeth in tip-top condition. It also means that the money I forked out on a new 4kg bag of the stuff just before he became ill won’t go to waste AND I won’t have to feel nauseous when dishing up the slimy, sticky gravy stuff he just about managed to eat when he was ill. I am supplementing his diet with a steamed white fish fillet a couple of times a week, and the occasional smidge of tuna. And some of Aldi’s cat treats because they have added taurine. As a consequence, poos and pees are all good, and energy levels have returned to normal. 

I am weighing out his daily kibble portion appropriate to his age and size because although he is waaaaay better, his liver will have suffered some irreparable damage and being overweight will not help this. He is actually pretty good at appetite control BUT he is a naturally big cat, so we need to exercise a little weight management caution.

And here he is, poised behind the bannister rails in case I should happen to dust between them, because chasing the duster is great larks for him! 




Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the update, glad he is back in full duster chasing mode!
(Mrs Duck)
Denise said…
He is so much improved, Mrs Duck. I did think for a while we were going to lose him, especially when he was refusing to take his medicine.

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.