Skip to main content

Look Inside to Step Outside

 

You will have to crave my indulgence today because I want to say how inspired I have been in the last couple of days by three strong women, namely Vera, Cat and Heather, because that’s who they are. Their inspiration is embodied by the above quotation which I wanted to share. This is what they can do. This is who they are. And who I hope I am, too. I’ve had conversations with them all in the last 36 hours, and I thought, yes - they’ve got this life thing.

I have also been inspired by the author of this book:


Dr. Gladys is 102. She is still working in holistic health and she has a 10 year plan going forward in her life! An example that it is never too late to do anything. That the best way to honour the life we are gifted is to live each day in hope and activity, and in the pursuit of making a dream become reality.

And during the conversation with Cat, she brought up Shirley Valentine and this: 


When I was thinking about starting a business last year, the doubt kept creeping in that maybe I was too old to start a new venture. Maybe this ‘Hallo Tarot!’ was something I should have started years ago, and I had missed the opportunity. Maybe I wasn’t good enough, or confident enough. Yet I had all these ideas, these visions, buzzing around inside me. I had plans for growth and a picture in my head about how I would be living and working in this final third of my life. 

So many women put their lives into the service of others. So many women step back into the shadows of family. So many women are hugely creative and innovative yet they don’t trust themselves to let courage catch up with their passion. And I don’t think it is a lack of wanting to be the best they can, to unleash their hopes and dreams. I think it is a fear of letting down those who rely on them for the stability they give. 

I think what I want to say is this - ladies, wear your shiny, glittery crowns on heads held high, rock the boat on those calm waters, charge the chariot through the crowds. Break down the walls. Live your best hopes and dreams, starting just one day at a time. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.