Skip to main content

The Puppy Has Landed!

 

Here she is! After a car journey lasting almost an hour and a half, we arrived safely home suffering only two farts and a tiny bit of sick which narrowly avoided going in my ear. Nell sat on either my lap or my shoulder the whole way. She whined only for a couple of minutes after we set off and after that was generally calm, panting just a bit and having the sickie moment only after we came off the smoothness of the motorway and started on the winding country lane roads home, which, quite frankly, make me feel nauseous and I am a seasoned traveller. 

The afternoon has been filled with video conferences with Puppy Sister Heather, Puppy Gran aka my Mum and First Adventures in a Garden. There has been much playing with new toys, chewing cardboard, peeing on the dining room rug and kitchen floor, pooing on the dining room rug, and practice barking at a flashing toy. (The dining room rug has been cleaned, rolled up and put away until toilet training has been achieved. I don’t want her to adopt it as pseudo-grass facilities.) When she got tired, I put her to bed in her crate. She did the ‘I’m not tired but I am tired’ toddler act, whining and trying to engage me in play so I’d open the crate door, but I held firm and within three minutes she was in her bed fast asleep. 

She has wolfed back the chosen puppy food which is jolly good as I bought three bags of it. She has been drinking well, and standing in her water bowl and sploshing water everywhere. She has been exploring, watching TV, getting her head stuck in my tea mug. And twenty minutes ago, when she woke from Nap Number Three, we whisked her into the garden (under torchlight) and within a minute she did her first garden wee! 

All in all, I am surprised how relaxed and sociable Nell has already been, given less than 12 hours ago she was still in the company of her siblings in familiar surroundings. She’s been trotting around after us, learning ‘fetch’ and responding to her name. She’s even keen on Bambino, and whilst Bambino has also shown an interest and hasn’t run away and hidden, I think it will be a while yet before full entente cordiale is met between them. 

She had another play following her inaugural garden wee, and then took herself off to her bed for another snooze. It’s been a full on day of new experiences for her. I bet she’s pooped! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a really good day. She will settle in, in no time
KJ
Denise said…
She seems to be doing okay so far, KJ. I keep thinking how many new things she’s experienced in the last couple of days alone, and how well she is doing.

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.