Skip to main content

The Other Side

 


Let me tell you- what’s happening in this cartoon NEVER happens in real life. You have your own team of spirit companions, they are ALWAYS there with you, by your side, watching your back, waiting to help out when requested. They are never off doing something else. The issue is that if you THINK they’ve cleared off, the real reason you can’t hear them is because you aren’t listening. It’s taken me 30+ years to realise this, but, as Jane Austen once wrote, ‘It is a truth universally acknowledged.’

But it’s hard work listening to spirit guidance and all the infinite wisdom therein. Quite often you are told things you might not want to hear. It’s easy to shut down, then, when the going gets a bit bouncy and you’d rather take the easy route rather than the road less travelled. Of course it is. We are stuck in human form, after all, with an innate lazy streak seeking out the short cut, the route that will keep the mud off our lovely shoes. Yet when you really start tuning in, really start breathing and listening and trusting, that’s when the magic happens. Real, proper, life affirming, life changing magic. But you have to listen. And when you are someone (like me) who thinks they don’t need to listen because they know what they are doing and they don’t need any help, not even from wise old spirits, then soft, open and loving listening is a very hard thing to do. 

I’ve been doing this, as I say, on and off, sporadically, for the past 30 plus years. My second passion, next to writing, has been an interest in mediumship, the Tarot, runes, angels, crystals, ley lines, energy meridians, energy healing in all its forms, Wicca, palmistry, past lives…blimey, if it’s on the woowoo spectrum, I’ve been there with it. It’s a journey that has been absorbing and fascinating in different measures. Some things resonate, some are immediately discounted. You get to know what dings your bell or rattles your cage. That’s the beauty - there is something magic out there for everyone. But you have to listen. 

For the last month, and following the bumpy time of letting go of the things that no longer serve, I have been properly listening. I have been acting on intuitions and old wisdoms. And that is why I find myself back with my Tarot decks. I’m picking them up again where I left off, and I am working harder with them than ever before. Proper study, proper engagement. I am listening this time. Hearing. It is wonderful! And it is where I am now going. This spirit stuff is coming with me on the writing pathway. The two passions are going to mix. I have ideas. I feel like a weight has gone from my shoulders. Dare I say, I feel now like I am finally where I am meant to be. I am at my new beginning. 

P.S I ‘phoned my much respected Auntie Pollie (aged 80 and a bit) earlier this week, just for a chat, and she informed me she’d been out to buy a new axe because the one she’d been using to split logs for her fire wasn’t quite heavy enough. What a role model! 


Comments

Anonymous said…
Aunt Pollie!! She’s a hoot if I remember correctly!? She is like grandma Betty. No relation but a very fine neighbor. Swinging axes and using chainsaws. I’m going to need to look into all this with spirits. I would probably not see a sign if it was right in front of me. I do suspect people go a little more crazy around full moon. Don’t know if there is anything to that.
KJ
Denise said…
Auntie Pollie is a definite hoot, KJ, and one of my very favourite people in the whole world!

I think I’ve lived with the spiritual side of life for so long now I don’t think of it as being odd. And am therefore surprised when I talk about it and sometimes get funny looks! But the upside of growing older is that I no longer care about receiving funny looks. And yes, the Full Moon can have strong emotional effects on people. When I was a teacher it was noticeable when a Full Moon was around from the behaviours of some of the students. Made even worse if there was a strong wind blowing, too!

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.