Skip to main content

Crystal Clear

As part of my ongoing energy healer practise and development, I’ve become interested in using crystals as a healing tool. Well, I say ‘become interested’ like it’s a new thing. It isn’t - I’ve always had a bit of a thing for pieces of the Earth, which is basically what crystals are. I’ve an eye for a pretty pebble, a bit of smooth slate or solid granite. I love a sparkle, hidden colours, magical structures.  I find the feel and sense of them in my hand very comforting, like a part of me recognises them as my true home. 

When I was around 8 years old, possibly 9, we had a family holiday in Devon and I found a stone (some sort of terracotta) with my (then) initials imprinted on it. DR. Part of a carving or a brick, maybe, but I decided it was a good luck talisman and kept it. On the same holiday I found the fossil of a sea anemone, and kept that, too. And a couple of years later, I came to possess a piece of amethyst. I don’t think I bought it, so someone must have given it to me. I really don’t remember. But I’ve kept these three pieces of the Earth with me for almost 50 years. 

I find it amazing that these things have been around for so long, that they are properly old, when our own little lives are but brief flashes of light in comparison to the overarching Being of Existence. They give me reassurance that whatever energy sparks our own lives in human form, is just as old, and wise, and eternal as these rock form atoms that have been around for billions of years. That when our bodies are worn through and gone, our living energy carries on in another form. 

Anyway, now seems the right time to start my own exploration of crystals in deeper way. So, after a bit of research and some recommendations, I bought this…

And then after some instinctive thought, I have started my initial collection with these…

I started to read up about various crystals and their healing/spiritual properties but there are sooooo many I had a massive and overwhelming fit of confused.com. What to choose and why? What would be most useful? Most interesting? Most relevant? Blimey, it was like back in the day when we were allowed one packet of sweets a week and Mum would do a countdown from 10 if we took too long choosing. Panic, panic! Don’t want to make a sweet selection error I may live to regret. (If you’re interested, I narrowed my options to two - either a Fry’s Chocolate Cream or a Twix. But narrowed options is not an option when there are so many delicious crystals out there!)

So instead, I took a deep breath, meditated and then let my intuition do the work. And the ensuing selection arrived yesterday, all mixed in together because I chose the option of having the stones alone instead of separated in their own little bags each with its own guide. Well, they were twice the price with the bag and guide. And I have all the guidance I need in my book and from other sources. 

This morning, then, I’ve spent time identifying them, which has been easy with most and a bit difficult with others. And, of course, each stone is unique, with its own colour (even within the same type), shape and size. However, it’s surprising how much the identification process can be aided by the use of a torch. How hidden beauty can be revealed with the addition of extra light. On the surface, things aren’t all they seem, which is a good lesson in life anyway, don’t you think? I believe I’ve got them sorted correctly. And I’ve stored them in a little tray with their names written on paper under them for the time being until I can identify them with confidence, and then they will be stored correctly in a small bag/bags. 

One really, really resonated with me immediately I held it. I felt like a sigh of huge relief went through me, and it made me smile. This one…


Selenite. I’ve tried to photograph it several times to convey the true gorgeousness of it, but my iPad wasn’t up to the mark so the above picture is a poor approximation. According to my reference book, selenite is ‘a calm stone that instils deep peace and is excellent for meditation and spiritual work.’ It is said, because of its ‘very fine vibration’ to ‘inhabit the place between light and matter.’

And when I read that, I got a bit tearful. In a joyful sort of way. 

Silly sausage.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Awww, how beautiful is that!? Happy Friday!
KJ
Unknown said…
I'm a my firm believer in crystals they work for me I keep one that looks like an amethyst on my desk
Denise said…
Thanks KJ! Happy weekend to you!

Unknown, I’m glad to hear it. I’m already enjoying my deeper exploration of the use of crystals in health and well-being. It’s thoroughly fascinating.
Unknown said…
Unknown is me Deanna from Texas
I can't figure out how to comment from my phone

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.