Skip to main content

It’s All Go - Fact

 On Tuesday, Heather and Ollie loaded up a large Luton van (with tail lift) with the contents of their house. Yesterday, Ollie drove the van and Heather followed on in her car (let’s sing - “Off went the van with my old man in it. I followed on with my old cock linnet!” I don’t know if Heather sang ‘My Old Man Said Follow The Van’ but I like to think she did!) and they drove 250 miles to a storage facility near Shrewsbury and unloaded the van’s contents into it. They then took the van to my place of work to park it up overnight (the van was too wide to park on the Damson Cottage drive) and arrived, thoroughly exhausted, chez nous in Heather’s car at 6 p.m. 

We fed and watered them. Harris was thrilled to see them. Much cat smooching occurred. They slept the sleep of the dead, and left this morning at 8 a.m to return the van to the lease hire company in Kent. They have a final tip run to do and a final clean of the house they are vacating, although it is already pristine. They will then return here tomorrow to start their new Midlands Life Adventure, collecting my darling granddaughters on their way through so they can come up for a holiday. Heather says they may spend the weekend sleeping and watching films before continuing their search for a new rental property on Monday. I think this is probably sensible given they will have been working their socks off packing, sorting, loading and unloading, and driving, driving, driving for five days solid. I shall make cake. Go into mothering mode whilst they recharge their batteries.

That is the thing - when you make a major life change, the seed of that change may start in your heart with a gut feeling and a passion to live life differently, but when it comes to the practical implementation it’s facts and objectivity that make that change happen. Do it quick, no time to think. No time to fret and worry. Head down, crack on. All will be well. 


In other news, I have named our resident shrew  - Kate! I saw her this morning running in a Mission Impossible kind of way along the edge of the patio, down the side of the studio and out into the field. She looked like a shrew with a purpose. I expect she is disgruntled that I found her beginnings of a nest in the toe of my safety boots, and have removed the boots to inside the house. I removed the nest beginnings, too, in order to make room for my toes. I expect she will now use Andy’s wellies, which will be a poor residence by comparison. 

Mummy Swallow is still nest sitting. Brood Number 2 expected in about a week’s time. The plum trees are looking to promise a goodly crop of plums this year. Ditto the apples. Edith and Sidney Bunny full of energy, vim, vigour and clover.

I FaceTimed Mum this morning. She is fed up with all the sport on the TV. So am I. Good job I don’t have time to watch TV because I am writing so much! 

Off to make eggs on toast for lunch. I shall write this afternoon because, what with a full household occurring tomorrow (New Moon in Leo, too), I can’t imagine too much peace and hush for such activities for at least another week. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.