Skip to main content

Courtyard Patio - Day the Final…Hurrah!!!

 Here we are, then…the finished product! 





And now all I need to do is start arranging the many pots of flowers hither and thither, and plant up the two beds. This may take some time - I expect I shall do a fair amount of dithering about what goes where. It’ll be fine. I like a good dither. And I’ve got some poached egg plants on the go in the greenhouse which will provide some lovely ground cover for the bare spaces either side of the steps and around the oil tank.

After a futile search in various garden centres and DIY shops yesterday for a patio dining set of suitable quality for a new posh patio, we ended up ordering a set online from a company called ‘Lazy Susan’ which is based in Kent. It should arrive sometime in the next two weeks. Andy was very savvy and found a discount code for 10%. I’m on the look out for some lovely cushions for the chairs. 

Peace has, thankfully, descended on Damson Cottage once more. 

Except in the laundry where this rowdy bunch are bursting out of their nest and being VERY vocal indeed…



Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad you took the tree out. It looks great! Looking forward to the reveal of the new patio set. It’s so nice to get things like that done. It makes you enjoy it more easily.
KJ
Denise said…
I agree, KJ - it is nice to get these things done! The space has been turned into something really useful whereas before it was just an area to pass through in order to get to the garden. We are looking forward to it being a much used place for eating, entertainment and relaxation.

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

St George’s Day and The Bard’s Birthday!