Skip to main content

Here’s Sidney!

 Our attempt to secure a bunny via the Cheshire branch of the RSPCA met with the same dead end response as the Shropshire branch. The rabbit we enquired about, we were informed, was already in the process of being adopted. Do you have any others then, said we. Oh, we’ve only got pairs that need rehoming, said they. But we’ve got one already, we only want one, said we. Radio silence. Then a message saying if the adoption of the rabbit of our original enquiry failed, they would be in touch. 

Too late!! I can’t be waiting around for the RSPCA to get their act together. Edith is a lone bunny. She needs a companion. I had also made contact with a woman in Stoke who wanted to re-home her rabbit but she never got back to me when she said she would i.e almost a week ago. Too late for her, too. 

Because, from a breeder just up the road, for the grand sum of £20 (a third of what the RSPCA wanted), ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce….

Sidney!

He is hiding in the Eglu after a twenty minute car journey, a bump on the nose from Bambino, a brief meeting with an extraordinarily excited Edith, and the discovery of the Great Outdoors With Grass…


He is a blue (meaning grey) mini lop and he is 5 months old. He was being sold because he doesn’t quite meet the breeding requirements for his type, whatever that means. He is used to being handled and spent time sitting on my lap hiding his nose under his paws. He is a similar size to Edith - a bit shorter and squatter, and with a fatter head, but that’s boys for you. 

So, he has been set up in the Eglu and run right next door to Edith’s palace. They need to be able to bond before we let them live together. They also need to be neutered because we do NOT want any baby bunnies. Therefore, they are mere inches apart so they can see and smell each other, maybe share a dandelion leaf or two through the wire mesh, but there will be no hanky panky until they’ve been to hospital with their doctor and had their bits sorted. Their doctor, Dr Hunt, has been able to confirm that Sidney does, indeed, have testicles. Edith will also be neutered because doe rabbits are prone to ovarian cancer. 

I’ve been up the garden to see them a couple of times this afternoon. Sidney has emerged from the Eglu and is running around his space with great enthusiasm, pausing every now and again to groom his magnificent ears and partake of some water and nibbly food stuff. Edith is VERY interested in him, to the point of obscenity - I suspect there is a lot of lady rabbit hormone surging through her blood. I shall have words with her about decorum, grace and manners. 

All is looking good thus far. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wait.. a GREY rabbit??

(Mrs D)
Anonymous said…
Hahahaha!! Mrs Duck, you beat me to it!
KJ
Denise said…
The RSPCA one was grey all over plus it was called (unimaginatively) Grayson. They aren’t renowned for their colour palette. We had no choice with this one’s colour either - I take solace from the fact the official breeder term for ‘grey’ is ‘blue.’ Like my bathroom tiles…🙄

Enjoy your moment of grey glory, ladies….😂😂

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.