Skip to main content

Happy Drippy Valentine’s Day

 Every time I stepped out of the house today, I got rained on, so after a quick scoot around town to run necessary errands, I gave up and spent the afternoon reading ‘n’ writing ‘n’ contemplating my navel. I had planned to make a lovely Valentine’s dinner for His Lordship Malarkey and myself, but he is on a late finish today and therefore won’t be home until 8 p.m, and eating a full meal that late in the evening does my digestion and sleep no favours whatsoever. Usually, he is on a 4.30 p.m finish on a Monday which would have been ideal for posh dinner times by candlelight but not THIS Monday for some odd reason. Ah well, I shall make him a curry (because he likes curry and I don’t, but I shall already have eaten by then, probably eggs and mushrooms on toast) and then we can share the Gü Chocolate Fudge Puddings I picked up whilst out and that will have to suffice, Valentine celebration-wise. 

We exchanged cards, of course. A gorgeous homemade one from Andy to me…


…and he presented me with a witch hazel! This one…

It is a relatively small variety so will be happy in a pot in the courtyard for a couple of years which gives me time to contemplate its permanent location so it can achieve its full 8 feet by 8 feet size potential.

Whilst out getting drenched this morning, I picked up some flower seeds - sweet peas, pansy and sweet william - and a 100 litre bag of potting compost. My vegetable seed order has been despatched from the suppliers and will arrive in the next couple of days, so I’m now compost-ready for some serious seed planting in the next couple of weeks. Bring on Growing Season 2022, I say! The 100 litre bag of compost caused me some logistical lifting issues because a) it was lying in the bottom of a very deep trolley b) the wind was blowing and the raining was stair-rodding and c) my shiny new red car is as yet unscathed by any scrapes, scratches and bumps and I intend to keep it thus for as long as possible. Therefore, I had to do some considerable trolley and compost wrangling in order to lift the compost from the trolley and into the car boot without any CRASHING and SCRAPING occurring ‘twixt the two, AND without causing serious injury unto myself. 

Mission accomplished with judicious leg placements and some under-the-breath sweary threats.

I’m leaving you with this entertaining clip which stars a cat that bears more than a startling resemblance to one Bambino Bobble Wilson. Is it him? I mean, he does vanish sometimes. I hope the link works okay. I’m not wholly sure how to embed such things in the text of a blog. However, if you want any seeds embedding in a veg bed, I’m your gal! 

(P.S The link worked when I tested it. You can skip the adverts after 5 seconds. If you can contain your excitement that long…)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.