Skip to main content

This Healing Thing

 No obvious signs of Autumn. The countryside around us looks as green as ever, and the bonus days of late sun and warmth continue yet…


Not that it matters. Nature will do her thing in her own time and I shall go along with her for the ride. She doesn’t have a calendar on her wall. Her days will not be governed by human time. Sensible lady. 

Anyway, today has been a day of waftful purpose. (I made up the word ‘waftful.’ Spellcheck doesn’t like it one iota, but then I don’t like spellcheck, so the feeling is mutual. Waftful = full of waft, if you hadn’t already worked it out, which you would have, of course, because you, dear reader, are of superior intelligence. Why else would you be reading this blog, eh? I rest my case…) 

Back to waftful purpose. I made bread. Did a load of washing in order to make use of the sunny drying-on-the-line day that was on offer. And then I made some carrot and orange soup, mostly because when Andy went shopping he bought a massive bag of carrots, and then when I went shopping I, too, bought a massive bag of carrots, and so we were overrun with carrots. Knocking up a big pan of soup seemed a good way to deplete their numbers. I placed an order with Boots. Not for boots, even though my favourite shoe shop has an offer on boots at the moment, but with Boots, for shampoo, talc, makeup, moisturiser, stuff like that of a beautifying and cleansing nature. Although I might want new boots, I do not need them. I am trying to live by need, not want, at the moment, although the boundary is very flexible when it comes to cake. I also placed an order for filters for Bambino’s water fountain (need) and a wide neck Thermos flask (need) because I believe soup will be the way to go this Winter for work day lunches. 

Spent twenty minutes on FaceTime with a baleful Elizabeth who was away from school because she’d been ikky. She probably made herself feel worse by describing the disgustingness of her new kitten’s poo. I tried to be a cheerful and upbeat Gran but she wasn’t having it and then it was the usual, ‘I don’t know what else to say, Gran. Goodbye.’ And she was gone. She does make me laugh but not too much when she is being a poorly sausage. 

Then I put the finishing details and proof-read an article I’d been asked to write for a quarterly magazine.   Not a three novel deal, alas, but a writing job nonetheless. 

And then I had a WhatsApp chat with a young lady who is a fellow student on the Healer Training course. We met up yesterday, my class of  Student Healers, for the first time in real person rather than on the Zoom. We started Part 4 of the course by coming together for a day in a small village hall in Cheshire, to learn and talk and share some healing practise. 

Now, I don’t want to go into too much detail but my fellow student was in a crash with a large lorry last week. Her car was written off and she was, understandably, very shaken up by the experience but luckily had no major injuries. I channelled Healing for her. And we were both gobsmacked by the immediate results! A truly incredible experience for us both. She has offered to write a testimonial for me as evidence for when I go to panel at the end of the training period. When I spoke with her this morning, she said she couldn’t believe how much better she felt and how her aches and pains had lifted so suddenly. I was so pleased for her and felt humbled and relieved for myself that here was evidence that my training, my daily practise, all the reading and research, the meditations and new ways of living in, and seeing, the world, seemed to be coming together and actually working. It put me in a quiet and reflective mood today, so just as well the waftfulness was upon me, to keep me occupied with simple things whilst my brain assimilated what happened yesterday.

And then I spoiled it somewhat by spending the afternoon researching the science and theories of duality and non-duality, and bringing upon myself a bit of an existential crisis. What am I like, eh? (Rolling eyeballs and tutting at myself.) Should have listened to my spirit companions, you see. They told me to spend the afternoon sewing. (And now THEY are rolling their eyes and tutting at me….sigh…)

But here I am, in the evening, telly off, writing away. I’ve been up to the top of the garden to put the immortal chickens to bed. Our resident bat was flying around in its usual crazy aerial display. I could hear its little wings swish-swishing away and it almost bashed into me twice. I’ve never been in collision with a low flying bat before. I wonder if it would make me scream? I would like to think that I wouldn’t. Maybe the bat would scream louder? Who knows? Let’s hope we never have to find out. 

And I’m thinking now, with peace and thanks, that today has been the most healing of days. It really has. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.