Skip to main content

Here Come The Girls!

 Oh well, I feel that I’ve been a bit boring of late, what with all this healing-spirituality-living-at-one-with-the-cosmos malarkey, and whilst it’s an important journey for me, nay a VERY important journey for me, I sense that maybe for you, dearest of dear reader, it’s been a bit like being made to go to church every Sunday because it is GOOD FOR YOU, and having to sit through very long sermons delivered by a member of the clergy who should have retired from public speaking at least 120 years ago. 

I’ve been pondering on this conundrum today. It would be sad, I decided, to close down this blog because of the direction it appears now to be taking, a direction which is becoming about as polar opposite to its original purpose than when I started blogging well over 13 years ago. (When I say ‘polar opposite’ I’m not implying that once there was a large fuzzy bear on the scene and now there isn’t. There were never any bears, polar or otherwise. Just thought I’d clear up that confusion.) 

I digress. The thought of leaving blogland behind has been both tantalising and melancholic at the same time. For one thing, I wouldn’t have to try and be amusing about a subject that is taking up more than 90% of my time at the moment which, let’s be honest, doesn’t have the same comedy appeal as, for example, a funny shaped vegetable or exploding bottles of elderflower champagne. But conversely, I would feel like I was evicting myself from a well-loved home in which I have invested a HUGE amount of time and witty talent. (Blows a small trumpet - toot!) 

What to do, then? What to do? I tell you what I did. Whilst I was making a chocolate and pear pudding this evening (the pears were going a tad soft - it would have been criminal to throw them away, so I was forced into a chocolate pud situation, m’lud) I asked my spirit companions’ advice. They are a wise bunch, my spirit companions, and not without a modicum of wit and humour either. And this is what they said. They said, ‘Get those mad chickens back to take over for a while.’ Seriously, it was an inspired light bulb moment. I really don’t know why I’ve been stressing over this. The solution seems so obvious. 

So, I’m going on a bit of a life retreat. I have a lot of study and practise, and planning and manifesting to do which requires a humongous amount of concentrated effort on my part, along with a hefty dose of peace, quiet, tranquillity and being a bit sensible and earnest about Life, the Cosmos and All That Jazz. Therefore, for the foreseeable future, I shall be handing over the reins of ‘Oh, My Days’ to my H-Team Emergency Back-Up Gang a.k.a Les Madames Pumphrey, Slocombe and Poo and, of course, the redoubtable Mrs Miggins! 

I have NO idea what will happen over the next few weeks and I am making no apologies for any chaos, catastrophes or scurrilous language that may ensue. In the spirit of trusting the Universe that All Will Be Well I am letting go, standing back, breathing in Peace and breathing out Love. I have ABSOLUTE confidence that Mrs Miggins will manage the blog very well indeed, ably attended by Mrs Pumphrey, Mrs Slocombe and Mrs Poo. They have all the skills needed to keep things ticking over nicely until my return. 

They are arriving tomorrow. 

Good luck! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.