Skip to main content

Betsy and a Psychic Moment

 On Wednesday, a flyer arrived through our letterbox printed with the details of a dog who’d gone missing the previous Saturday. Her name was Betsy and she was a cockerpoo. She’d run off from near her home which was about 2.5 miles away from Damson Cottage and the owner asked that if anyone saw her, please to not approach her as she was a nervous dog, just call the number on the flyer. 

This isn’t Betsy, but it looks very like her. 

Well, my instinct was to connect with the Universe and see if I could pick up on her whereabouts. I made a mug of tea and wandered up the garden with it, in the drizzly rain, where I stood for a while at each corner of our garden, looking out across the fields that surround us, grounding myself and stilling my thoughts. I called out a few times - ‘Betsy! Betsy!’ - asking where she was and to let her know that if she was nearby she would be safe if she came into our garden because the road that runs between her home and ours is horrid - twisty and fast despite the 50mph speed limit. I felt she was still alive, which was good. And then I checked our outbuildings, just in case, and returned indoors because I was, by now, a tad on the soggy side. 

Yesterday, I set off for work although something had made me leave about 10 minutes later than usual. I had Classic FM on the radio, I was enjoying the ‘new car’ smell, and I was thinking about my work day ahead and hoping the weather stayed dry for us as we would be outside all day. And then, as I was rounding the bend by the pig farm near the main roundabout where Betsy was last seen, there she was! Bounding along the wide grass verge between the pig farm and the veterinary practice next to the roundabout!! 

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest!

‘Betsy!’ I called out, rather pointlessly because she wouldn’t have been able to hear me. ‘Stay safe, Betsy!’ She was bouncing along, trailing her lead behind her, very much alive and kicking! 

Well! I zipped around the roundabout and pulled into the lay-by just past it which hosts one of those travelling burger ‘n’ bun snack van things. Grabbed my phone, called Andy who was still at home and could retrieve the flyer, and then he called Betsy’s owner to let her know Betsy had just been seen. Andy said the owner was very excited to hear about my sighting and I have kept my fingers crossed that she was able to get to the area quickly and Betsy is now safely home. 

I travelled on to work, thanking the Universe for answering my call of the previous day, for making me leave for work ten minutes later than I would normally, and for ensuring the lay-by was empty of vans and lorries stocking up on their greasy spoon breakfasts so I could pull in and make the call. 

These serendipitous, intuitive events seem to be happening more and more to me of late. I believe it to be an effect of my ongoing Healer training, of becoming more closely linked with Nature and the Cosmos. I like the word ‘cosmos’ not only because it reminds me now small we are in relation to the enormousness of everything but also that it is the name of one of my favourite flowers…

These are they. Simple flowers, varying in colours from deep reddish pinks through to white. They are a beautiful, joyous flower much beloved of bees and other pollinators. The thing is with cosmos that to keep them growing and flowering through their season, you have to remember to pinch out the old flowers as they die off. This will make more flowers grow from the same stem, and they will achieve heights of over six feet tall if you are diligent. They are a flower that the more time you give them, the more blossoms they will give you in return. Like expanding energy, I suppose. They symbolise order and harmony.

Anyway, I’ve got to scoot now - His Lordship Malarkey and I are entertaining this evening. Four friends descending for a Games Night of larks and hoots, pizza and dips. I thought I’d make a few cakes and biscuits to add to the mix. 

Happy weekend everyone! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a lovely outcome! Glad Betsy got home safety.
KJ
Denise said…
I don’t know if she did, KJ. All I know is that I saw her and immediate contact was made with her owner. I was just a link in the chain of events. I hope she did get home safely, though.
Anonymous said…
Ah! I guess I just wanted that outcome instead of reading the facts
KJ

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.