Skip to main content

Let It Flow…Let It Flow!

 Pondering the new day this morning, I wasn’t sure what it was going to bring. Nothing sprang immediately to mind. No clarion call to the garden, jam making, polishing the unicorn’s hooves or other some such nonsense. So I ate breakfast (Skyr with raspberries, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and a dusting of cinnamon for regulating blood sugar levels) whilst watching the hooligan baby sparrows fight for supremacy of the wisteria which is STILL growing and needs a jolly good pruning. Given the sheer bushiness achieved by the wisteria this year I have been relieved to discover that one can wait until the leaves have dropped in order to actually be able to see the bits that need cutting back rather than enter the jungle with a machete for a bit of aimless hacking. Phew! And the way the hooligan sparrow babies are behaving, the leaves are dropping a tad faster than they might ordinarily have dropped. 

Talking of crazy plant growth, I purchased this from Aldi four days ago…


…a cheese plant! I’ve never owned a cheese plant, mostly because they are poisonous to animals and small children who are prone to a spot of leaf chomping. Given there are no small children chez moi, and Andy doesn’t eat anything green and leafy unless it’s disguised as curry (although he does love cheese), the only concern has been Bambino. However, since the sad loss of Flora I’ve discovered there has been a 99% drop of savagery being done unto my house plants - Bambino, it seems, was NEVER the culprit and rarely, if ever, nibbles on plants. Just to be on the safe side, I’ve told him it’s not actually made of cheese. He has sniffed it once and agreed that no, cheese it most definitely is NOT, and since then he has ignored it. 

Anyway, it has grown two new leaves in the space of four days and I think I need to pot it on PDQ to encourage its enthusiasm. I also need to re-locate it, probably to my study, before the cold weather sets in and the wood burning stove is called into action. I rather like how the moon gazing hare is staring up at the plant in awe. Either that or it’s saying, ‘This triffid is blocking my view of the moon.’ Do you like the hare? It’s one of my new favourite things. 

I ended up doing some writing for most of the morning. I’ve a new project on the go, still in its infancy and precariously close to the delete button but I shall persevere a while longer because bits of it are making me laugh. Half way through reaching my goal of 2,000 words per session I got distracted into writing about some frustrating events that occurred this week which I needed to get of my chesticles. Felt better for that, putting my world to rights and making a couple of decisions based on experiencing those frustrations (which I suppose is the purpose of frustrations - to learn lessons from them), so I carried on with the embryo project, achieved my writing target, then I made some scrambled eggs on toast for lunch. 

Bowling onwards, encouraged by the momentum of the morning, I performed a brisk patchwork sewing session…


…in the sunshine, as you can see from the atmospheric shadows in the photo! The patchwork is growing apace into a riot of chaotic colour. I believe it is going to attain a goodly size and my plan is to back it with something woolly and/ or fluffy so it can be my official Winter Snuggle Blanket. Whilst I was sewing I had the thought ‘pop in’ that I would be putting knitting aside. I’ve not got much wool in my stash now and I think, once I’ve cleared it with a few small, quick projects, I shall lay my knitting needles to rest. Weird, isn’t it, the thoughts that randomly occur?  I wasn’t even thinking about knitting. I reckon it’s all part of the rationalising-my-life process I’m currently experiencing. 

Then I booked up a course of six webinars about spiritual health and well-being which I thought would be a good addition to my Healer portfolio. I’m beginning to get a strong feeling now as to which direction my Healer path is taking. The foundations, as they say, are being laid. 

This weekend I shall be making some apple and blackberry jam. There are a lot of apples and blackberries about. It would be rude not to. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
It would indeed be rude not to deal with the apples and blackberries. I see no grey in you blanket? It’s a beautiful blanket even with grey missing 😉
KJ
Denise said…
Oooh, you are naughty, KJ! You know full well why there isn’t any grey! 🙂 I made jam this morning. One of the easiest ever and very delicious!

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.