Skip to main content

Baby Aliens, Books and Angels

 The BBC and ITV appear to be under the allusion that everyone in the land is VERY excited about the European Football Championships, and have consequently smothered their television schedules for the next three weeks with incessant coma-inducing football matches. This means I’ve had to make many book purchases from Kindle because the only TV programme to suit this viewer’s requirements over the next three weeks is the final of ‘The Great British Sewing Bee’ next Wednesday, and then that’s it. If the weather holds out, then the garden is going to find itself very well tended. If the weather turns, well, I now have a well-stocked Kindle App to fulfil my entertainment needs, plus a couple of sewing projects that sprang/sprung/ springed to mind this very day.

What is it with football? I’ve never seen the appeal. All that shouting and spitting, rolling around on the floor like truculent toddlers, being paid obscene amounts of money…I could go on, but I shan’t because I did a very lovely meditation session today and don’t want to reverse the calming effects by going on ‘Football is stupid’ rant. On to more important things…

The baby swallows are emerging! 


This one was born about 5 days ago and is now sitting with its head resting on the edge of the nest, its yellow wide mouthed beak open for permanent business. It has also grown a mohican hair do and therefore doesn’t look quite as hideously alien as it did on its birth day. We know another one has hatched since and there are 5 eggs altogether. Give it another two weeks and all five, hopefully, will be peeping away and filling the nest to the point of bursting from the top. 

I’ve been reading about angels today. Elementals that live in Nature. Unseen energy beings that hold this World and Universe together. How to connect with them and work with them. It’s fascinating stuff. Of course, many people are dismissive of the existence of angelic beings but those of us in the know, know better. I have very much reached the point in my life where I don’t care what other people think about what I do and believe, and it’s a very refreshing feeling. There’s a sense of freedom and personal well-being about this state of mind. Anyway, it’s all getting me in the mood to start Part 3 of my Healer training on Sunday. 

Andy is continuing his EBay selling frenzy and has amassed a goodly profit. We have decided that some of it will go on further developments in the garden. He’s added another raised bed this week which makes a total of seven now. We are going to construct a second pond in the orchard. This one will be more ornamental and have a solar powered fountain. And there will be some more roses going in. Our garden does roses very well. 

I was a bit worried about Bambino Bobble Wilson this week. He seemed, well, depressed. Still missing Flora? I know I do. But Andy the Vet assured me he (Bambino) was, in fact, behaving like a huge dollop of black cat covered in masses of thick fur trying to cope with hot weather by not moving around very much. That’s okay then. I’m not sure I can deal with more cat worries for another couple of years at least.

That’s all, I think. It’s been lovely to see the sunshine even though sunshine = heat = midges = Denise is bitten to pieces. I’ve been inspired to pick up the old writing hobby again. And I’ve probably eaten too many scones, if that’s at all possible.

Happy weekend, all! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think. 

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee