Skip to main content

Getting a Grip

 


I think that if I hadn’t begun my Healer training journey back in February, then I wouldn’t be getting back to having a grip on life as quickly as I have done after the events of the previous two weeks. I lost track of time a bit, and I think that was a good thing because it means I have been living life at my pace of time and not the pace dictated by clocks and calendars. Time can flex, you know, speed up and slow down if we let it, to suit our needs and purposes at any given moment. Before my healer training I wouldn’t have known that it could do that - but I do now and because of that experience I can draw on it in the future. Lesson learned - don’t let society expectations dictate how you manage the breadth and length of your days. They are your days, no-one else’s. As someone who’s always been a bit of a clock watcher, this is a big realisation for me.

I’ve been grateful for little pockets of joy and good news, too, that have dotted themselves into the oddness of this time. Chris, my son, has been promoted to a managerial position at his workplace. He was their first choice for promotion - they recognise what a hard working, reliable, steady and conscientious man he is. His partner starts a new job this week.  This is a big step for her, reflecting how much she has grown in herself this past year. Heather, my daughter, has been given more responsibility at her school, showing how much they value her as a practitioner and deputy-head-in-waiting. Her partner has also got a new job - the start of a new career for him, in fact, and one that he deserves so much. Both my granddaughters have been given awards since their return to school after lockdown - awards that recognise their kind and caring natures. To see my family achieve, grow and progress so positively in their lives gives me such quiet joy and a warm heart. They are all my life’s blessings. 

Bambino is still looking for Flora. He’s never been a very vocal cat, unlike Flora whose constant chirruping, chattery mewing and pppppprrrring have left holes of sensory energy around the house, especially in my work room where she often kept me company. Now he is calling for her several times a day. She was his playmate and Chief Boxer of the Nose and I don’t think Andy and I quite come up to standard for the Wrestling on the Rug sessions. Ah well...I’m sure he’ll come to accept her physical absence eventually.

I do wonder if he can still feel her energy and spirit. Animals are much more sensitive to these things than us humans. Perhaps he senses her, and then is puzzled when he can’t find her? 

I was vacuuming on Friday and found a piece of Flora’s fluffy fur under the bed. I sat with it for a while, a few more tears, and then I went into Victorian Lady Mourning Mode, dug out a locket from my jewellery box and managed to wrangle the fur inside. I’m wearing it round my neck at the moment. Is that weird? Wearing a tuffet of your dead cat’s fur in a locket around your neck? To be honest, it bothers me not what others might think or say. It is bringing me steadiness and comfort to feel her energy near me. I suspect I shan’t always wear it, but for now it has to be. 

The granddaughters have rescued a guinea pig. They have called him Potato. Because...well, why wouldn’t you? 


This morning I have prepared Sunday lunch, done some laundry, made leek and potato soup, an apple crumble and two loaves of spelt bread which, although a bit tricky to handle, turned out very nicely indeed. I have done some book-learning, chatted with one of my fellow Student Healers, and enjoyed the slow music pace of Radio 2 in response to the passing of Prince Philip. I think they should keep their broadcasting thus - dispense with all the inane chatter and shrieking that goes on sometimes in favour of more lovely music. It’s been very calming. 

Andy has been in the garden planting seeds in the new raised beds. He has cockerel-proofed the beds. A wise move. Chickens have no respect for freshly planted seeds. He is also looking for a suitable passage from the works of Terry Pratchett to read at his mum’s funeral on Thursday.

Getting that grip back on life. 





Comments

Anonymous said…
I was happy to see your writing again this morning and to read your healer training/learning(?) is helping you through this period.
KJ
Denise said…
It is helping very much indeed. I have a developing understanding of how life works.

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.