Skip to main content

Energy Soup

 

Ahead of my official healer training beginning on 28th February, I’ve been digging into some reading and research type studying, or what we affectionately call here at Damson Cottage - ‘the book learning’. And once again, m’learned and beloved companion, Mr W Shakespeare, was spot on when he made this declaration in ‘Hamlet’, that ‘there are more things in heaven and earth...than are dreamt of in your philosophy.’ 

It started off with my asking my tutor if there was a book she would recommend to me, to get me into the swing of things, as it were. Yes, she said, pointing me in the direction of Jack Angelo’s ‘Your Healing Power.’ So I sent off for it, it arrived, and I began to read it. 

I began to underline certain passages with a pencil (who else was told as a child it was BAD to deface a book by scribbling in it?) and then I thought, no - I need to make proper notes on this and to add my own questions in response to what I was reading. And then I got distracted into connecting some of Jack Angelo’s ideas with further research on t’interwebbly (choosing my sources carefully of course. None of this Wikipedia malarkey for me, oh no) and that’s what led me to the interesting idea that humans, in fact EVERYTHING living, is ‘energy soup.’

Don’t you just love that idea? Of being an energy soup? I made soup yesterday - pea, broccoli and pesto. Bloody amazing it was, with the addition of a cheese scone. But I digress...

...energy soup we are. Even this cat, one Flora Bijou Mybug, is energy soup, despite being inertly squished ‘twixt pompom rug, my meditation cushion and the radiator because she feels the cold, bless her...


Anyway, the idea of energy soup led me to having a poke around in some quantum physics, like you do. Subatomic particles and all that jazz. Which led to more segues into the worlds of evolution, biological systems, ecosystems, psychology and networks of consciousness. And then I reined myself in before my head exploded.

I wasn’t a great fan of science at school. More an arts and history person, me. Back in my day, the ‘O’ level days, we studied the sciences separately. None of this ‘combined science’ hoo-ha that is presented in most schools these days. I liked biology. Plants, animals, bodies - yes, that was fascinating enough and, indeed, over the years I’ve sustained that interest and have qualifications in Anatomy, Physiology, Ecology, and have studied reflexology and aromatherapy along with diet and nutrition. Physics was okay although I do remember some trauma involving making mechanical trolley things with rubber bands in order to show kinetic energy. I got a ‘B’ in Physics, heaven knows how given I spent a lot of lessons sitting in a giggly huddle with my friend, Helen. I hated Chemistry. Mostly because Miss Freeman gave us homework one week to learn the entire Periodic Table for a test the following week. I should be grateful, I suppose. The Periodic Table is way bigger these days than it was back in the late ‘70s. Also, Chemistry involved flashing explosions, dubious smells and All Manner of Dangerous Malarkey. And wearing a weird strait-jacket of a green overall, massive bug-faced safety goggles, which, because I was bespectacled, meant my vision was all wibbly wobbly. Oh, and sometimes masks. I still carry that mask-wearing hatred today. Anyway, Chemistry wasn’t for me. When I die, my earthly body is to be chucked straight into the ground, no messing. If I catch a whiff of formaldehyde, I shall be back to haunt the perpetrators. 

The point is, no matter how much I THOUGHT I had learned about healing energy on and off during the last 30 years, it turns out my knowledge amounts to a teeny tiny pimple’s worth on the bottom of a baby ant sitting on top of the biggest iceberg of knowledge in the WORLD, the UNIVERSE and everything BEYOND! 

I could let this overwhelm me. But I shan’t because that would be counterproductive to the journey ahead. I shall enjoy that I have all this book-learning in my life, that I can weave my way along the paths of infinite knowledge that are before me, and I can thank the Department of Brainwork that I was dished out a good’un when I was sent to this earthly plane. 

It’s all rather exciting! It has properly jiggled my energy soupness...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Get on with it! No dilly dallying. I am in need of your services rather soonish.

KJ
Denise said…
Dear KJ - please email me as and when you need help. I am able to provide service as soon as you need it!

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.