Skip to main content

The Story So Far...Part 1


 Thirty years ago, my sister was ill. Desperately ill. After being failed by both G.P and the local hospital she was, at last, being cared for at University College Hospital in London, on the Adolescent Oncology Unit which is part of the Teenage Cancer Trust. Mum was travelling up and down on the train during Jackie’s chemo sessions, and then bringing her home and nursing her between chemo sessions. My Dad and brother were running the family farm, where I also worked whilst raising my own family and studying for a degree. It was a busy time, full of comings and goings, phone calls, tests, news of test results, trying to keep life as normal as possible in an abnormal situation. I remember it as a blurry rollercoaster of a time. 

I also remember feeling a bit helpless. Aside from popping in to see my sister and either chatting rubbish or watching her sleep because she was so exhausted, there wasn’t much I could do apart from try and hang  in there for her.

At the time, I was living about 25 miles away, next door to a unique lady who happened to be a psychic medium and healer. We were, and still are, friends. We drank a lot of tea and coffee and ate a lot of cake between us, as we put the world to rights on many matters. We had a lot in common, including writing and studying for degrees.

And when she heard of my sister’s illness she invited me to join a healing and meditation circle she ran from a little outbuilding in her back garden. ‘You can be a channel for healing for your sister,’ she said. 

So I went. 

I didn’t know what to expect. I had no preconceptions about what healing was, let alone being a channel for it. But I was suitably curious and, with news of a poor prognosis for Jackie fresh in my mind - four months of life left if she was lucky - I was willing to do anything I could that might help. 

Off I trotted next door one Monday evening. My friend introduced me to the healing circle group. I took a seat and joined in the meditation. That was nice - calming and focusing, and blissfully relaxing. And then my friend asked me to move my chair into the centre of the circle. ‘Just sit there,’ she said. ‘And think of your sister.’ 

So I did. I remember feeling relaxed and sleepy from the meditation. I felt safe and comfortable. I was vaguely aware of my friend talking to the healing circle members. Of her moving to stand behind me...

And then...

...an enormous surge of energy whooshed into the base of my spine and rocketed up my back and out through the top of my head! Blimey, but it was like being hit by lightning - powerful, startling, hot and edgy, tingly, bordering on discomfort. It made me sit bolt upright in my chair, and grip the seat with both hands, so convinced was I that I was going to take off through the roof of the building to create a passable impersonation of a fiery comet zipping across the night sky. It was, quite frankly, exhilarating! 

Well! That was it. I wanted to know more about healing, about working with universal energies. You can’t experience something like that, and shrug your shoulders and walk away, can you? Talk about a baptism of fire. 

I continued attending circle meetings, learning about meditation, spirit guides, channelling healing energies, and so much more. I am convinced that the dose of healing energy that was channelled through me to my sister extended her life a further year. No argument will sway me otherwise.

The first footstep of a long, long journey had been taken...




Comments

Vera said…
Denise, thirty years ago I remember that circle, and hopefully we shall be able to work again in a healing environment..........Vz
Denise said…
Vera, yes indeed!

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.