Skip to main content

End of the Week Tidy Up

 Andy was off today to Lancaster, to visit his mother who is still languishing in hospital. After two weeks of believing visiting was NOT allowed, we discovered that it WAS allowed, for one person for one hour. Just don’t get me started on the poor communication going on in this corner of the NHS or I shall be blogging about why I didn’t join in the Clap for Carers when all that malarkey was going on. The red mist will descend, so best not wave the rag at the bull...

Anyway, I stayed home and tidied up the loose ends of the week. 

Firstly, the landline phone. It has taken to screeching like an owl with is nadgers caught in a mangle and crackling like a popping candy overdose on a very wet tongue. There’s all sorts of hissing going on, too, and trying to hear what anyone is saying on the other end of the line is nigh on impossible. I declared the phone to be in its death throes and ordered one of these as a replacement...

...it’s top of the Best 10 Cordless Phones 2020 in the LiGo technical survey. I didn’t faff reading about the other nine phones mentioned on the list. The price was right, it scored 97 point something out of 100, and life is too short to waste reading about phone technology. That it was top of the list was enough for me. It’s arriving next week and in the meantime I have dragged out the emergency phone, which is corded and therefore has to sit in the cat food cupboard where the phone socket lives, which means I have to leave the door open so we can hear it ringing, which means Bambino Bobble Wilson can get in there if the door is left too far ajar, which means chaos can occur. It also means we have to pretty much sit in the cupboard to hold conversations, but at least we can hear properly. 

Here is Bambino Bobble Wilson giving me a bit of a look. A look that says, ‘No, you may NOT leave the sofa.’
In the spirit of yesterday’s blog about the search for exercise (sigh...) I did 100 squats today. Not all at once, I hasten to add, because that would be crazy. No, I did 5 blocks of 20, and that nearly did for me. I have started a half-hearted search for some kind of gym shoe/ trainer/ plimsolls but it’s a bit pointless until I decide what is it I actually want to do. I mean, I might want to get ballet shoes, ice skates,  a trapeze or a polo pony. Who knows? 

And then I got bitten on my left bosom by some random bastard midge whilst putting away the ironing so had to take an antihistamine which means I’ll be out like a light by 8 p.m. I’m having bosom issues at the moment in that I need to get smaller bolster holsters because of the weight loss, but can’t be measured ‘en shoppe’ at the moment so am having to guess. Down a cup, up a band? Both down? Left a bit, right a bit? Regardless, my current brassieres are big enough to allow bug access and that will NOT do. 

I stared at ‘Clive and Min’ for a bit, but didn’t get very far, I’m afraid. But I haven’t forgotten it. It WILL be finished. 

I did a considerable amount of reading, which was nice. Ate a fair few tomatoes because the greenhouse is in full ripening mode now. Ditto cucumbers. And blackberries. And raspberries. And apples.

And before I knew it, it was now. The anti-histamine is kicking in. I hate that phrase - ‘kicking in.’ No idea why I used it. What’s wrong with ‘taking effect’, eh? Nothing, that’s what. I’d better wind down my brain for the evening...

🙂😴






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Frosted Dawn Enigma

The decorators are in at the moment. Stairs and landing. Given my previous history of 'Hoo Ha Occurring on Stairs ' - reference the Trapped Under the Sofa Incident and the Foot Wedged Between Bookcase and Stair Rise Debacle - I thought it wise to pay for professionals to decorate the stairs and landing rather than get myself in a mix with ladder and plank combinations and achieve the Magic Three of staircase accidents. The decorators are a father and son combo who go by the  names of Craig and David. This automatically causes me entertainment. 'Came in on a Monday, prepped, filled and undercoated, back on Thursday, first top coating, by Friday finishing touches...' Okay, not as frisky or well-scanned as the original song, but you get where I'm coming from. Anyway, before they started the job Craig asked what colour I wanted for the walls. 'Same colour as the downstairs walls, please,' said I. 'Dulux Frosted Dawn.' And then white for all the woodw

Day 1 - Decisions Are Made Beyond the Author's Control.

‘Well,’ I say, looking at the expectant faces gathered around the huge table in the Great Dining Hall of Much Malarkey Manor, ‘I didn’t think it was going to happen this year, but it is!’ There is a sharp intake of breath as everyone wonders of what I speak. I’ve been muttering about all sorts recently, and I’m not talking liquorice here either.   ‘The Much Malarkey Manor Annual and Traditional Christmas Story!’ I say, and wait for the expulsed air of relief to settle before I continue. ‘I thought we had done it all. I thought we had covered every Christmas story there was. I’ve been wracking my brains for a full two months now, trying to come up with something we haven’t done before and then it hit me! We haven’t done a version of one of the Great Christmas Films of Yore!’ ‘Your what?’ says Mrs Slocombe, who is more interested in the selection of pastries I have brought to this breakfast meeting, because that is what one does, isn’t it? Eat pastries at breakfast mee

Launched!

  I was going to wait until tomorrow to launch the ‘Hallo Tarot!’ website, what with tomorrow being 1st July and, therefore, a nice tidy date for a beginning. But this afternoon, I became involved in a flurry of final tidy loose ends activity, and thus ended up cracking the metaphorical bottle of champagne against the ship of which I am Captain and whoosh! Off she went into the World Wide Web!  You can find it here : www.hallotarot.co.uk The blog is moving there, too, so unless things go horribly wrong, this will be the last entry here.  I hope to see you on the other side then! Let me know what you think.